By Vahid Yaghmai MD, Dushyant V Sahani MD
Regardless of technical advances utilizing MR and the emergence of puppy imaging, CT remains to be a regularly used imaging modality that has now not stood nonetheless whereas others have thrived. Advances in CT have endured apace with different modalities that have taken CT into new parts of imaging that quite a few brief years in the past it will probably now not procedure. With the arrival of 64-slice CT, a better variety of pictures should be taken in a miles faster time period. using CT perfusion within the mind and stomach are reviewed during this factor. leading edge concepts resembling 4D CT and twin power CT could be mentioned, in addition to CT functions for imaging of the coronary arteries and cardiac valves.
Read Online or Download Advances in MDCT, An Issue of Radiologic Clinics PDF
Best clinical medicine books
Medical trials shape the spine of evidence-based drugs, and appreciating scientific trial tools permits readers to critique, layout and file scientific trials. This e-book is a pleasant 'jargon buster' which goals to demystify the topic. it's divided into 5 sections: basics of trial layout, replacement trial designs, fundamentals of statistical research, specific trial matters in info research, and reporting of trials.
Interpreting necessities, scholar version presents concise content material of the scholar variation written at a reduce grade point, making it excellent for suffering readers and ELL scholars.
Foodstuff, supplements, and Nutriceuticals: rate research as opposed to scientific advantages offers the most up-tp-date, concise, medical appraisal and monetary research (costs vs. gain) of dietary supplementations and bioactive elements (nutriceuticals) of meals in enhancing the standard of existence.
Consuming issues no longer another way specific covers all consuming problems that don't fall into both of the 2 major diagnostic teams: anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. even supposing those much less renowned stipulations are universal and will be very critical, they can be overlooked. This ebook brings jointly contributions from some of the top researchers and practitioners within the box of consuming issues and provides the subject of EDNOS from a number views together with the medical, the epidemiological, the nosological, the organic and the trans-cultural.
- Radiologic Clinics Of North America Multislice CT of the Thorax
- Clinical Care Classification (CCC) System Manual: A Guide to Nursing Documentation
- Intrusive Thoughts in Clinical Disorders: Theory, Research, and Treatment
- MathMatters 1: An Integrated Program, Extra Practice Workbook
- Radiologic Clinics Of North America Update on Radiologic Evaluation of Common Malignancies
Additional info for Advances in MDCT, An Issue of Radiologic Clinics
The CT numbers of the iodine solution are larger at lower kVs than at higher kVs. With an increase in phantom size, CT numbers decrease because of beam hardening effects. Fig. 3B shows, for the same total radiation dose, image noise as the tube potential and phantom size change. For smaller phantom sizes, images acquired at different kVs have almost the same noise levels, with slightly higher noise for images acquired at 80 kV. With the increase of the phantom size, however, lower-kV scans yield images with higher noise levels compared with images attained at higher kVs.
49. Gies M, Kalender WA, Wolf H, et al. Dose reduction in CT by anatomically adapted tube current modulation: simulation studies. Med Phys 1999;26(11):2235–47. 50. Schmidt B. Dose calculations for computed tomography [dissertation]. Reports from the Insitute of Medical Physiks 2001;7 [in German]. 51. Schmidt B, Kalender WA. A fast voxel-based Monte Carlo method for scanner- and patient-specific dose calculations in computed tomography. In: Guerra AD, editor, Physica Medica, vol 18. Erlangen, Germany: European Journal of Medical Physics; 2002.
For example, in cardiac CT, decreasing mA during systole can significantly reduce dose to the patient. Tube current modulation may occur angularly about the patient, along the long axis of the patient, or incorporate both to adapt to attenuation differences within the patient. Angular (x,y) mA modulation Angular (x,y) mA mod- ulation addresses the variation in x-ray attenuation around the patient by varying the mA as the x-ray tube rotates about the patient (eg, in the anteroposterior [AP] versus lateral direction).
Advances in MDCT, An Issue of Radiologic Clinics by Vahid Yaghmai MD, Dushyant V Sahani MD
Categories: Clinical Medicine